In the realm of teen dating violence, Susie promotes the concept that healthy teen dating relationships will translate into strong and healthy adult relationships. Susie educates both teens and adults about the seriousness of teen dating violence. She specializes in speaking about Teen Dating Violence and Healthy & Safe Dating. She conducts workshops, keynotes, trainings, and seminars on issues specifically related to teens and their relationships. Related topics to Teen Dating Violence include:
- setting boundaries,
- safe dates,
- the Dating Bill of Rights,
- Cycle of Violence,
- early warning signs of teen dating violence,
- teen empowerment,
- the differences between healthy and potentially destructive dating relationships.
Because most domestic violence relationships that end in fatalities started in high school, she feels it a vital necessity to reach out to teens and work toward prevention and safety.
In the context of domestic violence, Susie aims to educate listeners on what Domestic Violence is, how the abuser uses power and control, and what tools the abuser uses to maintain their power and control. She also discusses the myths surrounding Domestic Violence and answers the question, “Why don’t you just leave?” Susie can combine these elements into one presentation or highlight a single topic for an in-depth presentation, keynote, or workshop.
In both Domestic Violence and Teen Dating Violence, Susie speaks with compassion, approachability, knowledge, and energy. Her presentations are layered with a truly touching, amazing, and powerful story about “Jessica,” a friend that came into her life and ultimately survived a harrowing escape from the abuser bent on killing her.
Susie earned a BA in Speech Communication from the University of Washington. She has spoken to a myriad of audiences on varying topics related and unrelated to Domestic Violence and Teen Dating Violence. These topics include business communication, teaching public speaking workshops, giving scientific presentations to area junior high and high school science classes and in an academic capacity. Most recently Susie has spent her time speaking to local high school and junior high school students and community groups about Teen Dating Violence and prevention. She has also been a participant of Toastmaster’s International.
Over the last 6 years Susie has consulted with business owners about organization and taught seminars on effective communication and public speaking.
Susie regularly spends time helping with domestic violence related activities at Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County and at Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse. She has had affiliations with LeTip International in the capacity of Vice President and President of her local business networking chapter.
Susie frequently volunteers with organizations that serve domestic violence victims and their families. Currently she lends a hand with youth support groups and at her local shelter. Susie also works with victims of sexual assault and abuse by serving as an Advocate with Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse where she responds to local ER’s and provides advocacy for sexual assault victims and advocacy via a 24-hour emergency hotline.
More about Susie Kroll:
- BA speech communication (info transfer and comm not speech therapy) from University of WA
- Masters in counseling psychology (to be completed 2014).
- Completed training as sexual assault/child sexual assault advocate from Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse. Was an advocate for victims in county’s ER’s.
- Completed training with Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County to be a volunteer in the confidential shelter, kids support groups, and as speaker for Teen Dating Violence for the last 2 years…primarily in high school and junior high schools.
- Participant in Toastmasters International.
- Hobbies include spending time w husband and our 2 golden retrievers, singing, and gardening/landscaping.
Topics for Speaking Engagements, Workshops and Events:
- Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships
- Teens, Technology, and Safety with their Cyber Reputations
- Domestic Violence/Teen Dating Violence in Pop Culture and the Media
Connect with Susie Kroll online:
If you would like to schedule Susie Kroll for your next event, please fill out the form below or contact ImaginePublicity at 843.808.0859 or email email@example.com