New Braunfels, Texas resident, Dottie Laster will be involved locally with workshops and presentations honoring 2014 National Human Trafficking Awareness Month throughout the month of January.
On January 13 New Braunfels Art League, 239 W. San Antonio St., is sponsoring a jewelry making workshop titled, “Make One, Donate One” from 1-3:30pm where participants will learn to make a piece of jewelry. The piece that’s donated will help benefit victims of human trafficking who are working to become self-sufficient. Students will need to bring flat-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers, and flush cutters if you have them, other supplies to make the bracelets will be provided. To enroll in the class, please call Lynda Medore at (830) 358-0186.
The TRAFFICKED Designs and SOS=Save One Soul project began with the idea that it will generate enough funds to support those who need it most, the survivors.
The public is invited to attend an educational presentation by Dottie Laster at the New Braunfels Public Library, 700 Common St., at 7pm January 16. Laster’s presentation will cover the basic knowledge of human trafficking, the danger signs to recognize, and what the public can do to become more aware of the epidemic. Laster has given presentations and training in several high schools and colleges where trafficking has become a potential danger.
Laster says, “There is a growing problem within our schools where traffickers are infiltrating. Many unsuspecting students are unknowingly being groomed by traffickers who will introduce them to a living nightmare.” Laster will discuss the grooming tactics seen all across the country where students from stable environments are being targeted.
Dottie Laster is one of the nation’s leading advocates for human trafficking victims, a certified and experienced trainer to law enforcement and advocates across the country, and one who has clearly taken up the issue of awareness and education of human trafficking globally. Laster has been involved in the rescue and restoration of over 200 victims across the country, and through the Bernardo Kohler Center she is accredited to practice immigration law.
Dottie Laster Presentations for National Human Trafficking Awareness Month
- Barack’s World™: Happy New 2014…Now Lets Get To Work. Presidential Actions On New Years Eve. (theobamacrat.com)
- TRAFFICKED Designs: Company Created to Employ Survivors of Human Trafficking (imaginepublicity.com)
- HUMAN TRAFFICKING: Survivor Speaks Out (whotv.com)
- U.S. Senators Introduce Bill to Combat Human Trafficking of Children (bringingjustice.wordpress.com)
- January: Human Trafficking Awareness Month (thetalesofathena.wordpress.com)
- The Salvation Army’s holiday tree about human trafficking (indyweek.com)
- The Cantinera Documentary Available for Public Screening (imaginepublicity.com)
- TRAFFICKED Designs Jewelry Workshop: Make one, Donate one for Victims of Human Trafficking (imaginepublicity.com)
Pingback: The Roth Show: Dottie Laster, Human Trafficking and Monica Caison, Missing Persons | ImaginePublicity