Your Health is Wealth with Dr. Akoury
NEW now broadcasting 7 days a week on WFXB FOX TV
Roots of Addiction
Dr. Dalal Akoury
Host of Your Health is Wealth with Dr. Akoury, Dalal Akoury, MD is fellowship trained and certified in anti-aging functional, metabolic and regenerative medicine, as well as having more than twenty years of accumulated experience in emergency medicine, pediatrics, and a master’s degree in public health. She has also served fellowships in pediatric hematology/oncology and has preformed research in leukemia and the effects of smoking.
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Member of the Fellowship for Anti-Aging and Functional Medicine (FAAFM)
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine(ACAM)
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine (BCEM)
Founder of AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center, Dalal Akoury MD offers integrative treatments for all conditions and diseases, as well as therapies for wellness and optimal health. Contact for appointment at 843-213-1480 or visit the AWAREmed website: http://awaremed.com.
Dalal Akoury, MD is available for local, national and international speaking or training events.
Contact: ImaginePublicity Tel: 843-808-0859 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where does addiction begin, and why? Dr. Dalal Akoury talks about prevention of addiction and the fact that many times behaviors begin in the womb, especially to those mothers who have had a problem with addiction. Children experimenting with drugs, especially those with medications in the home are more likely to be exposed to addiction, and more likely to give into the temptations of experimentation.
Sugar as a stimulant in young children is discussed. Children who are given a lot of sugary foods and drinks are more likely to have a predisposition to addiction. Sugar is often seen as the gateway for the neuroendocrine system, and the brain’s reward system to become imbalanced.
The treatment options available at AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center are geared towards the restoration of the neuro endocrine system, which quickly and easily eliminates craving and withdrawal symptoms from drugs and alcohol, followed by a maintenance program.
Jillian Maas Backman
Jillian and Dr. Dalal Akoury talk about the ways in which adolescents and young people are exposed early on to the propensity to addiction in later life.
Jillian is an award winning radio host and author of BEYOND THE PEWS: Breaking with Tradition and Letting Go of Religious Lockdown. Jillian will focus on the connection of how the work of our soul (soul work as described in Beyond the Pews affects the well-being of our physical bodies. How we can fuse the energies of our soul to assist in the healing process of our physical bodies is one of the untapped areas of traditional western medicine.
Jillian is host of a weekly radio show, Change Already! broadcasting each Thursday at 1pmET, noonCT on BlogTalk Radio. Tune in weekly to hear more indepth discussion about Putting Soul Back into Medicine, as well as many other series of topics. Please visit her website: JillianMaasBackman.com
This first book in the Your Health is Wealth series takes a deep look into the health of your gut, otherwise known as the gastrointestinal system. Written in workbook format, readers will be able to go chapter by chapter and note their individual issues and progress.
Your Health is Wealth with Dr. Akoury: Roots of Addiction
- One Thing Obamacare Can’t Fix: Bad Addiction Treatment (ideas.time.com)
- The Hippocrates Health Institute Demonstrates How Food Can Be Used as Medicine (articles.mercola.com)
- Holiday Stress Can Amplify Mental Health and Substance Abuse Issues (wonderfultips.wordpress.com)
- Dealing With Emotional Trauma: The Roots Of Addiction (health-host.co.uk)
- How to Fix Addiction Treatment (ideas.time.com)
- 11 Things I Wish Every Parent Knew (inkandearth.wordpress.com)
- Specialist offers prescription for treatment of legal-medication addiction (readingeagle.com)
- Please Don’t Eat the Donuts by Dr. Dalal Akoury is Available NOW! (imaginepublicity.com)
- 3 Signs You Could Be a s*x Addict (starrylord.wordpress.com)
- Letting Go Of A Sugar Addiction (slideshare.net)