SHATTERED LIVES with Donna R. Gore, “LadyJustice”
Examining the effects of those who have survived violent crime and how it has impacted their lives.
Real people, real tragedy, real help.
Saturdays at 5pm ET
Listen LIVE: CLICK HERE
The lives of crime survivors are shattered in many ways, taking years to recover, only to be brought back to the traumatic event time and time again. Whether it be an upcoming trial, or an ongoing investigation, it seems the wounds are close to healing when they are once again pierced.
Alyssa Rheingold, PhD joins the show to discuss the many ways she’s involved in assisting victims of crime through the National Crime Victim’s Research and Treatment Center (NCVC) in Charleston, South Carolina.
Her experience and research highly qualifies her to speak on behalf of victim service providers and how they can best help those victims they serve through various programs and organizations.
Shattered Lives Guest, Alyssa Rheingold, PhD
Dr. Rheingold is a licensed clinical psychologist and Associate Professor at the National Crime Victim’s Research and Treatment Center (NCVC) within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Medical University of South Carolina. She is the Director of Clinical Operations at the NCVC. She completed her undergraduate coursework in 1996 at the University of Pennsylvania, graduating Cum Laude and with Honors in Psychology. She earned her M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from MCP Hahnemann University (currently known as Drexel University). Dr. Rheingold completed a Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology at the Charleston Consortium Psychology Internship Program and a Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the NCVC, Medical University of South Carolina. Her expertise includes evidence-based treatment of trauma related mental health issues, child sexual abuse prevention, treatment of anxiety disorders, and loss by homicide. She has received numerous federal funds for service and research oriented projects from agencies such as OVC, CDC, VOCA, VAWA, NIMH, and SAMHSA. Her efforts have resulted in the improvement of resources for survivors of homicide, Hispanic interpersonal violence victims, and other victims of crime throughout the Lowcountry.
Research Interests: child sexual abuse prevention, etiology of trauma-related anxiety pathology, treatment outcome, early intervention for child sexual abuse problems
Shattered Lives: Alyssa Rheingold and Survivors of Crime
- The Crossroads Between Healing and Justice (donnagore.com)
- Listened to the Radio Lately? Take a Survey! (donnagore.com)
- Jigsaw Puzzles and Human Destiny- Crash Teams Inc. Mission… (donnagore.com)
- KIDS AND TEENS IN COURT- A Program “of the Heart” at the Chadwick Center (donnagore.com)
- Victim Impact Statement Assistance with Donna R. Gore (imaginepublicity.com)
- Shattered Lives: Truckers Against Trafficking (imaginepublicity.com)
- Shattered Lives: Audrey Carlson Supports Homicide Survivors (imaginepublicity.com)
- “A drop of sweat is better than tears” (cmariearcamo.wordpress.com)
- Psychologists start counseling ‘Yolanda’ survivors (newsinfo.inquirer.net)