SHATTERED LIVES with Donna R. Gore, “LadyJustice”
Examining the effects of those who have survived violent crime and how it has impacted their lives.
Real people, real tragedy, real help.
Saturdays at 5pm ET
Listen LIVE: CLICK HERE
Always on the road, on the move, truckers across America are a leading resource in the fight against human trafficking, modern day slavery. Victims of trafficking are also on the road, and on the move, as they are relocated from city to city.
While truck stops and the trucking industry is not necessarily the number one place where human trafficking may be taking place, it’s a crime that literally comes knocking on the door of many truckers.
The mission of Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT) is to educate, equip, empower and mobilize members of the trucking and travel plaza industry to combat domestic sex trafficking.
Guests for the hour are Kendis Paris, Executive Director of TAT, and Andy Anastasio from New Haven, CT who has done amazing work in the state to bring awareness and education about trafficking through the Motor Transport Association of Connecticut.
TAT also seeks to work with law enforcement in not only facilitating training, but in our coalition builds as well, where we get the general managers of truck stops in the same room with the law enforcement who investigate trafficking cases on their lots. If we can build a rapport between the two groups, and provide extensive training on what to look for, then it is our hope that a pimp who pulls on to that particular lot will only leave in handcuffs, not with more money in his/her pocket.
Truckers Against Trafficking offers industry specific training
Truckers Against Trafficking’s training and materials, including posters, wallet cards, and recently developed mobile app are distinct to the industry and it’s workforce.
When truckers or truck stop workers suspect human trafficking is taking place they can call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) at 1-888-3737-888 and report what they know.
Listeners will come away with a better understanding of the trucking and motor transport industries and their role in recognizing and reporting trafficking incidents. Shattered Lives Radio hopes that the information, along with the national hotline number, will be shared within communities across the nation.
Shattered Lives: Truckers Against Trafficking
- Truckers Against Human Trafficking (osocio.org)
- New bill speeds up process of finding human trafficking victims in Oklahoma (kfor.com)
- Bill would clear prostitution convictions for victims of human trafficking in Maine (bangordailynews.com)
- Police: Human Sex Trafficking a Growing Problem (newsplex.com)
- The slave trade is alive and kicking in Britain as thousands are held captive (metro.co.uk)
- Human Trafficking (mmonneck.wordpress.com)
- Mercyhurst students tackle human trafficking (goerie.com)
- La Cantinera – The Cantina Girl (atxhumantrafficking.wordpress.com)
- TRAFFICKED Designs Jewelry Workshop at New Braunfels Art League (imaginepublicity.com)
- The Cantinera Documentary Screening at St. Edwards University in Austin, TX (imaginepublicity.com)