On November 16, 2013 the annual Men of Mystery event will be held at the Irvine Marriott Hotel in Irvine, CA hosting over 50 of the nation’s top male mystery writers from 9am-4pm. This highly popular one day event brings the 50 writers together with fans, readers, and aspiring writers with the opportunity to purchase signed books and have one on one conversations over a sumptuous lunch.
Jeff Mudgett, author of best-selling, self-published book, BLOODSTAINS, is among the honored writers featured at the Men of Mystery event. Mudgett will be on hand to chat with readers, sign books and mingle with fellow authors.
Mudgett isn’t a traditionally published author as many of the top mystery writers may be. Although offered lucrative deals from publishers, Jeff Mudgett made the decision to keep control of his writing, to continue to make his own decisions about the way the book would be portrayed in future endeavors.
Jeff Mudgett says, “Self-publishing provides all of us our greatest tool ever to express our 1st Amendment rights. The mistakes I made publishing BLOODSTAINS need never be made again by the next first time struggling author. I welcome the opportunity to divulge what I would have done differently.”
Men of Mystery Event
- The Men of Mystery was founded by Joan Hansen who worked with female authors over the course of her career and created the Men of Mystery event to showcase male authors of the genre with both men and women in attendance to meet the top mystery writers up close and personal. The Men of Mystery event is the recipient of the prestigious Raven Award by the Mystery Writers of America.
- Headline speakers include Ladies Detective Series author, Alexander McCall Smith, and courtroom thriller writer, Scott Turow, each who will captivate the audience with lively presentations.
- Attendees will have the chance to hear Jeff Mudgett‘s 1 minute self introduction and description of his book, BLOODSTAINS in the morning session, an oftentimes humorous start to the event as each writer introduces themselves. He will be hosting a table of attendees who may, or may not, be familiar with his book, his personal background, and familial connection to one of America’s first and most prolific serial killers, H. H. Holmes, the subject of BLOODSTAINS.
- 4 young high school students are chosen by their schools as most outstanding writer and honored to become recipients of scholarships presented by the Men of Mystery event coordinators.
- Last, but not least, yet another autograph session with the Men of Mystery authors for those who have chosen their favorite writer and book after spending quality time with each!
“Don’t miss out on this once a year opportunity to laugh, listen, learn, lounge and lunch with some of the greatest gentlemen of the genre!”
Men of Mystery Event Details:
- Date: Saturday, November 16, 2013
- Time: 9am-4:30pm
Irvine Marriott Hotel
18000 Van Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612
BLOODSTAINS Author Jeff Mudgett Participating in Men of Mystery Event
- Had I but Known (porfiriopress.com)
- Big-name authors have sequels and more this fall (wenatcheeworld.com)
- Mysteries at the UPenn Museum (rogueclassicism.com)
- Identical by Scott Turow (fictionfanblog.wordpress.com)
- Interview – Scott Turow: Amazon is Killing Bookstores, Fair Use is a Serious Threat to Authors (the-digital-reader.com)
- Bestselling author to write modern updating of Austen’s “Emma” (panarmenian.net)
- Austen reworked as crime writer to turn Emma into a thoroughly modern heroine (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- The History Channel Heads to the Basement of the Chicago Murder Castle with Author Jeff Mudgett (imaginepublicity.com)
- BLOODSTAINS Audio Book Limited Special Launch Offer! (imaginepublicity.com)
- Jeff Mudgett, Author of BLOODSTAINS, Talks about Self-Publishing, Writing, and Jack the Ripper (imaginepublicity.com)
Pingback: “The Devil in the White City” Meets “The Shining”, BLOODSTAINS is the Story | ImaginePublicity