Join Dr. Laurie Roth weekdays at 7-10pm Pacific, 10pm-1am Eastern
Listen LIVE or to the Archive: http://therothshow.com
As the nation is in the midst of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, those who work for the rights of those victims do it every month.
As most victims of domestic violence can relay, the journey through the court system is confusing, painful and often a series of re-victimizations for one going through the traumatic experience.
Attorney Michelle S. Cruz has walked many a victim through the process, insuring that their rights are upheld in court, and using her influence to gain even further protection for those rights.
As the former State Victim Advocate in Connecticut, Cruz has been vocal on many issues concerning victims’ rights and has years of experience as a prosecuting attorney working with high risk domestic violence cases. She’s testified to create new legislation that will continue to protect the rights of victims of all crime.
During the second hour of The Roth Show, Michelle Cruz and Dr. Laurie Roth will discuss the issues of safety and concern that victims of domestic violence experience, including the many trips to the courtroom to insure that safety. But, in the long run, how safe can they ever be when constantly enduring the burden of proof?
Michelle Cruz is a Lecturer at Law at the University of Connecticut, School of Law, and serves as an Adjunct Instructor at Bay Path College and Capital Community College. She has recently introduced the book, Time’s Up, written by Susan Murphy-Milano as a textbook in her classes. Her students will learn about the Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit from the perspective of both prosecuting and defense law and learn to utilize the tool in hopes of protecting the victims from further abuse, in the home or in the courtroom.
Michelle S. Cruz Talks to Dr. Laurie Roth
About Rights of Domestic Violence Victims
- Domestic Violence Suitcase Project (artofstephaniegeffert.com)
- Domestic Violence Day 14: Stalking (secretangelps911.wordpress.com)
- Domestic Violence Facts (nataliemlewis.wordpress.com)
- Domestic violence victim starts campaign after being ordered to reveal ‘flee address’ by Bolton judge (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Mayor’s Walk Against Domestic Violence (alphachiomegausc.wordpress.com)
- Attorney Michelle Cruz Keynote Speaker at NCVAN Training Conference in North Carolina (imaginepublicity.com)
- The Roth Show: Anny Jacoby Discusses Personal Safety Planning for Domestic Violence Victims (imaginepublicity.com)