Listen LIVE Saturday, February 2 with guest Jillian Maas Backman, author of BEYOND THE PEWS who wrote about her relationship with the Sikh community in Oak Creek, Wisconsin where a deadly shooting occurred. Jillian will discuss the misconceptions about the Sikh community, especially in the aftermath of the tragedy
To listen LIVE at 1-2 Pacific, 4-5 Eastern CLICK HERE
“I had no intentions of sharing others peoples names or places, but after the attack on the Oak Creek Temple, that had to change. I had to speak up and share my personal interactions with this Sikh community to help eliminate the fear and misunderstanding people have towards this spiritual group.”
- What is the meaning of the title of the book BEYOND THE PEWS?
- After 6 months has passed from the Oak Creek shooting in August, Jillian is speaking out.
- What do we need to know about the Sikh community that was not shared by the new media?
- You are the group that wear turbans, long beards and women wear traditional garb?
- Most people assume that you are apart of the Muslim faith, is this true? If not, how are you different?
- How can reading BEYOND THE PEWS help us better understand the Sikh faith and expand our own spiritual identity?
In BEYOND THE PEWS, you will follow the fascinating life story of a woman who heard angelic communications and received soulful insights from a world rarely visible to the naked eye. As a child in the church of her minister father, the author saw angels lingering in every space…. Tall ones, short ones, chubby ones… and colors encircling people. Transparent colors in every hue of the rainbow poured out before her eyes. After years of processing these faith-based sensory perceptions, she discovered the soul’s natural intuitive language.
Attorney MARGARET MCLEAN is a law professor, former prosecutor, and on-air legal analyst. She is the author of the critically acclaimed legal thriller Under Fire, which features an arson and murder trial (2011, Tor Forge Macmillan). Her second novel, Under Oath, (April, 2012) is about the code of silence murders in Boston. She has co-written a dramatic courtroom play, based on Under Oath, which is in development with the Playwrights/Directors Unit at the Actor’s Studio in New York City. She is currently working on her third novel, Under Treason. She was hailed as one of the next faces of Boston crime fiction by the Boston Globe.
Margaret McLean’s “It’s A Crime” Features Jillian Maas Backman Discussing the Oak Creek Sikh Temple Shooting
- Sikh Community Mourns Newtown, Conn. Shooting (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Sikh priest wounded in Oak Creek temple rampage shows improvement (jsonline.com)
- Sikh Temple hosts three-day prayer service for Newtown victims (fox6now.com)
- Oak Creek summit focuses on how to prevent violence (jsonline.com)
- Sikh temple robbed in Livingston (mercedsunstar.com)
- Change Already! with Jillian Maas Backman, Shooting in the Oak Creek SikhTemple (imaginepublicity.com)