SHATTERED LIVES with Donna R. Gore, “LadyJustice”
Examining the effects of those who have survived violent crime and how it has impacted their lives.
Real people, real tragedy, real help.
Saturdays at 5pm ET Listen LIVE or podcast: CLICK HERE
In a time in our country where information and discussion about LGBT (lesbian,gay,bisexual,transgendered) issues is often controversial and many times wrong, Shattered Lives welcomes Becky and John Glezen, co-leaders of the Greater Hartford , CT PFLAG organization.
Becky and John Glezen, of Glastonbury, CT, attended their first PFLAG meeting 23 years ago, shortly after their oldest daughter came out to them as a lesbian. Feeling isolated, confused and in need of support and accurate information, they followed the advice of a friend who suggested PFLAG as a good source of what then seemed to be lacking in other institutions in their lives. The acronym PFLAG stands for Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. It is a national organization with over 400 chapters nationwide. Its mission is support, education and advocacy for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, their families and allies.
Becky and John have continued their PFLAG involvement since 1989 and have acted as the co-leaders of the Greater Hartford PFLAG chapter for the past 13 years.
John is a retired attorney. Together, he and Becky have helped to improve the health, safety and well-being of LGBT persons and to move equality forward through writing, speaking, lobbying and other activism with respect to state and federal legislative initiatives, welcoming communities of faith, safer schools and a variety of social issues affecting the LGBT community.
- Dr. Oz Thinks LGBT Community Should Find Common Ground With Ex-Gay Therapists (thinkprogress.org)
- Maryland Trans Activists Make 2013 Plans: Gender Rights Maryland, PFLAG chapters set state and local sights on gender-identity protections (metroweekly.com)
- Shattered Lives: Exploring the Issue of Human Trafficking with Dottie Laster and Betty Houbion (imaginepublicity.com)
- Shattered Lives: Jillian Maas Backman,Intuitive Coping Strategies (imaginepublicity.com)
- Ward 5B- San Francisco General Hospital (The First AIDS Ward) (donnagore.com)
Pingback: Shattered Lives: Michale Callahan Author of “Too Politically Sensitive” | ImaginePublicity
Pingback: Message to PFLAG Parents: Continue to Love, Accept and “Get Out of Your Own Way” « Donna R. Gore