Drew University professor, author, and media analyst, Dr. Scott Bonn takes to the airwaves with a brand new crime related show, An Hour to Kill With Doc Bonn. Listeners can call in to the live broadcast to ask questions, or comment, and participate in weekly contests…yes, there are prizes!
To listen LIVE Fridays at noon ET Click HERE
Doc Bonn will discuss the importance and challenges of family caregiving with his special guest, the Reverend Greg Johnson, Creator Emblem Health’s “Care for the Family Caregiver” Program and member of the President’s Committee on Caregiving.
National Family Caregivers Month is a time to recognize family caregivers for their good hearts and tireless support. Their love and devotion exemplify the true spirit of America.
According to National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA), family caregivers provide “80% of our nation’s long-term-care services. Currently, family caregivers provide over $306 billion annually on “free caregiving services” to their loved ones.”
If you are a family caregiver, take time this month to celebrate who you are, and the importance of what you are doing. While November may be the official month to recognize your acts as a family caregiver, every month–and every day–is one in which you make a difference.
- More than 65 million people in the United States provide care for chronically ill, disabled or aged family members or friends during any given year.
- Those 65 million people spend 20 hours a week providing that care.
- That care is valued at $375 billion a year, which is almost twice as much as is spent on homecare and nursing home services combined.
Call in and play the “whodunit mystery challenge” and maybe win a copy of Dr. Bonn’s book, “Mass Deception: Moral Panic and the U.S.
War on Iraq.”
This Friday’s show is the last of the fall semester. The show will be on hiatus in December until January.
- National Family Caregivers Month – Background (mscaregiverdonna.wordpress.com)
- Presidential Proclamation — National Family Caregivers Month, 2012 (pattidudek.typepad.com)
- A Holiday Boost for Family Caregivers (eldercare-blog.typepad.com)
- Reflections of the Heart (donnagore.com)
- Tuesday: Kiss a Caregiver Day! (caregiving.com)