Dottie Laster, one of the nation’s leading experts on human trafficking, has been invited to appear on San Antonio Living morning show on Friday morning November 9, 10-11am Central time. Laster hopes that the viewing public will come away with a better understanding of the urgency of public education and that any minor engaging in commercial sex is a victim, not a criminal. She also wants viewers to be aware that there are laws to protect victims and that many families are being harmed by this crime.
Laster will talk about the epidemic of human trafficking, not only in her home town, but reaching across the globe. She will give viewers information about targeted areas, what to look for in your own neighborhoods, and what families can do to protect their children from the traffickers.
Dottie Laster and Laster Global Consulting provide project development, consultancy, and training resources in domestic and international trafficking. The strong multi-disciplinary team has an established track record of helping victims of trafficking and developing anti-trafficking programs with law enforcement, universities, faith-based, and non-profit organizations.
She has recently been featured in MORE Magazine’s October 2012 edition with a multi-page article by Mimi Swartz, Sex Trafficking’s Unlikely Angel outlining her involvement in the rescue and restoration of victims of trafficking.
To assist victims in their quest to become self-sufficient after their rescue, Laster created TRAFFICKED Designs, using designs and talents of former victims to make and sell a line of jewelry. Save One Soul (SOS) is the theme of all of the designs.
To bring Dottie Laster to your community or organization for training or presentation, please contact ImaginePublicity, Phone: 843.808.0859 Email: email@example.com
- Proposition 35 All Sex is now called Human Trafficking (bebopper76.wordpress.com)
- The Pandemic Otherwise Known as Human Trafficking…. (donnagore.com)
- Dottie Laster: Human Trafficking Victims Find New Opportunity with TRAFFICKED Designs (imaginepublicity.com)
- Sex Trafficking’s Unlikely Angel, Dottie Laster Featured in MORE Magazine’s October, 2012 Issue (antihumantraffickingnews.blogspot.com)
- Dottie Laster: Human Trafficking Victims Find New Opportunity with TRAFFICKED Designs (thesecretepidemic.wordpress.com)
- Sex-trafficking task force holding public hearing (sfgate.com)
- Caldwell to host anti-human trafficking forum (sfgate.com)