You can hear Crime Wire Investigates beginning at 9 p.m. Eastern.
Please visit our Crime Wire Website.
Together we can make a difference.
A criminology and sociology professor at Drew University, Doc Bonn is not at all the average academic. For one thing he has much more personality! His expertise runs the gamut including white-collar crime, state crime, serial killers and media effects on society. His research examines how and why the public forms its beliefs on complex issues such as murder, domestic violence, capital punishment, war crime and terrorism.
One of the high-profile cases making the news is the Long Island Serial Killer. Doc Bonn has been quoted extensively and has written several articles on his blog about his belief that there is most likely only one person responsible for the remains found near Gilgo Beach.
“This guy is meticulous, sadistic and smart. I suspect he’s probably a professional — extremely charming and disarming,” Bonn said. “He’s not going to stop, and the nature of the victims’ lifestyle (the fact that prostitutes often go unreported when they are missing) makes them the ideal prey. For all we know, he may have another dumping ground already.”
Doc Bonn has appeared in several media outlets, newspapers and blogs commenting on the subject that pains and fascinates us all, serial killers. He is researching our nation’s serial killers for an upcoming book tentatively titled “Monster Dearest: Our Fascination with Serial Killers and Why We Need Them.”
Doc Bonn is a sought after speaker and media analyst addressing such topics as:
- Criminal Motivation and Behavior
- Serial Killers
- Media Effects
- Terrorism and State Crime
- White Collar Crime
To learn more about Dr. Scott Bonn, and to follow his widely popular blog, refer to his website DocBonn.Com
- Doc Bonn disagrees with new Suffolk homicide chief: Just one Long Island serial killer (docbonn.wordpress.com)
- Crime Wire Features Dr. Scott Bonn (imaginepublicity.com)
- The Roth Show Presents: Dr. Scott Bonn and Dottie Laster Discussing The Long Island Serial Killer (imaginepublicity.com)
- What Do Purple Elephants and Serial Killers Have in Common? Doc Bonn and Strange Frequencies! (imaginepublicity.com)
- Dr. Scott Bonn Writes to Serial Killers (docbonn.wordpress.com)