SHATTERED LIVES with Donna R. Gore, “LadyJustice”
Examining the effects of those who have survived violent crime and how it has impacted their lives.
Real people, real tragedy, real help.
Saturdays at 5pm ET Listen LIVE: CLICK HERE
Shattered Lives welcomes missing persons advocates Maureen Reinjtes and
Founder of Finders Hope, Christy Davis
In the blink of an eye a family’s dynamic can change drastically when a loved one goes missing. Despite the circumstances, they are instantly thrust into a chaos they usually are not equipped to handle. Where to turn for information and instruction is crucial, just as it seems that time is running off the clock to find their loved one. What better place to get assistance than from those who have already been there, done that, or are continuing in their search for their loved one.
Maureen Reinjtes’ husband, Jon, was missing for four years when he suddenly reappeared. Maureen is an activist for families of the missing through her association with NamUs, as Administrator for Peace4 the Missing, and several organizations in which she participates.
Christy Davis is the mother of missing Michael “Austin” Davis, who suddenly disappeared June 26, 2007. Finder’s Hope, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to bringing Hope to those with a Missing loved one through Direct Support and Services, Advocacy, and Education and Awareness. Christy also works closely with CUE Center for Missing Persons and is the State Outreach Coordinator for Florida.
Some upcoming events, which bring community awareness of missing persons, are planned for several locations across the country:
- 1st Annual Night Walk to Shed Light on the Missing on April 28 at Pittsburgh State University in Pittsburgh, KS
- The Keys to Healing Retreat sponsored annually by Project Jason, August 10-12, Omaha, NE
- A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with One Step: Hope for Texas Missing, June 3 Mesquite, TX
- Holding My Hand Through Hell, a series of events featuring Susan Murphy Milano in Cape Girardeau, MO sponsored by SEMO Search Dogs and Scott County Search and Rescue, April 28-May 2
- Dedication and Tree Planting for Brittanee Drexel, missing 3 years, in Myrtle Beach, SC, April 28
- The Road to Remember Tour, annual road tour in the planning stages for 2012.